Saturday, May 26, 2012

Storms

I'm not a runner. 

But I've learned that the Great I AM is most completely the Great U  R.  Rarely does He tell us what we are not.  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me Philippians 4:13
I cling to this truth when self doubt tries to invade my thoughts. And, although I would classify myself a slow learner, I am beginning to understand that when He says go, the wise don't hang around. 
He said Run.  and so I did. and have been ever since. 
The things revealed to me as I run are treasures. Some to keep, some to share.  The changes occuring physically can be a tangible mirror to the changes He is making within. 
Despite all the positive reasons to go, tonight, I put it off as long as could. Eventually I dragged myself to my starting point and began.  The pain as my muscles tightened, the pain as my lungs expanded and contracted to keep up with increased demand.  If only I had some water for my dry mouth. My thoughts were truly inward, MAN! what a complainer.
A quarter of my run finished, it began. Slowly and then more steady, the drops landing sporatically on the road ahead of me, an occasional one hitting my face.  Ah, how refreshing, the cool rain was!  Just the day before, however I looked upon it as a deterent of what I needed to accomplish, but today, it was just what I needed as I opened my mouth toward the sky to catch the falling droplets. 
Reaching the halfway point, the sky began to light up as lightening streaked the sky and thunder rocked the heavens.  Spectacular, truly spectacular!  I couldn't help looking up as I ran. 
The sun, trying to set amid the commotion, radiated a silver outline on the dark clouds which, in great collaboration framed a most glorious array of color.  Lightening, not to be outdone, continued with Thunder, and in unison accompanied me, now thoroughly drenched but completely invigorated by the Power surrounding me to a final strong finish.
I think of the Mighty God that orchestrated the timing of His beautiful display. Amazed once again by a fragmentation of His splendor. 
I reflect on the challenge I faced earlier just to get out of the door.  I think about everyone God brings across my path, how each one I meet, everyday, faces their own challenges, sometimes a storm, sometimes a season.
I reflect on this and I thank Him.  I am thankful that all of our challenges are hand picked for us by a loving, merciful God.  Challenges to make us stronger, experiencing victories through His Power so that when the time comes, we can be instrumental in leading others to victory.
I pray that you too have reason to thank our Mighty God, that through the Power of the Lord Jesus Christ, I can do anything, you can do anything. 
That when He says go, we are not alone,  He is there, every step. He is all that we need.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment